Chicken And Eggplant Saute Over Pasta Recipe
Cost per serving $2.07 view details
- 1 lrg whole boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 med eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 lrg onion sliced
- 1 lrg tomato minced
- 1 clv garlic minced
- 1 lrg green pepper minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced coriander
- 2 c. tomato sauce ( home made or possibly canned ) salt coarse grated black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb prepared cooked pasta or possibly egg noodles
- Using leftovers, this recipe proved to be very welcome and satisfying.
- Some crusty bread and a green salad makes a nice accompaniment. In a saute/fry pan with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat, saute/fry first the eggplant till browned and then the onion, pepper , coriander and garlic and cook a few more min to soften vegetables. Add in the chicken and cook to brown a bit. Add in the tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste and lower heat to a simmer and cover and cook 10 to 20 min; stirring on occasion . Serve over pasta or possibly noodles of choice.
- Serves 4
- Note:canned or possibly some sauteed mushrooms are also a nice addition to the recipe.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 418g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||13%|
|Total Fat 5.09g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.22g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 62.14g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|