Cherokee Fry Bread Recipe
Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening or cooking oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Gradually add shortening and water (add only enough water to make dough stick together).
- Knead dough until smooth, do not roll out.
- Make into fist size balls and place balls into large bowl.
- Cover bowl with towel for 10 minutes.
- Pat out into circles, or cut into strips about 1/2 inch thick.
- Deep fry until golden brown on bottom side, turn and brown on other side.
- You can cut bread in half and serve with your favorite jelly or garnish. Keep in airtight container to keep fresh and soft.
- CAUTION: Watch Temperature so bread does not cook on outside but not inside.
- Watch carefully so bread will not burn .
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||13%|
|Total Fat 2.54g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.56g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 31.8g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|