Biggest Loser Broke Bean Stew Recipe
Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped/minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes (14.5oz)
- 3 cans (15.5 oz each) dark red kidney beans,
- black bean, white beans; rinsed & drained
- 4 cups fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in 4-quart saucepan. Add onion and sautÃ© about 5 minutes, until softened but not browned. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Do not brown garlic.
- Add spices and tomatoes and simmer about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups (2 cans) of beans and 2 Â½ cups of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Place remaining beans and broth in bowl of food processor or in blender. Add cilantro and puree until smooth. Add mixture to stew. Add spinach and heat just until wilted. Stir well and serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 105g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 18||56%|
|Total Fat 2.05g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.38g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.88g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|