Barbecued Chicken Breast With Warm Potato And Bacon Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $2.03 view details
- 4 x Boneless chicken breasts, skin left on
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 675 gm New potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Tarragon vinegar
- 4 x Shallots, finely minced
- 6 x Rashers smoked streaky bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp Minced fresh tarragon Coarse sea salt Freshly grnd black pepper Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1. Heat a barbecue, grill or possibly griddle. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then rub in one Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Barbecue, grill or possibly griddle the chicken, skin-side down, for 8-10 min, then turn and cook for another 8-10 min.
- 2. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for about 20 min. Drain, then peel and halve or possibly quarter, depending on size. Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar and shallots, season, then pour over the potatoes. Fry the bacon till crispy, then stir it into the potato salad with the tarragon.
- 3. To serve, arrange mixed salad leaves on four plates, spoon over the hot potato and bacon salad, and top with the chicken breasts.
- NOTES : Barbecuing is such a great way to cook chicken because the slight burnt tinge works so well with the natural sweetness of the meat. These chicken breasts have just been seasoned, rubbed with oil and then barbecued. Chicken with bacon or possibly tarragon - or possibly both - is a classic combination, and the hot potatoes in extra virgin olive oil dressing bring all the tastes together, so this dish is a real treat. If you don"t have a barbecue, simply grill or possibly griddle the chicken instead. Push a knob of butter under the skin of the chicken before cooking to give it a tastier, more succulent finish; and why not squeeze some lemon juice after cooking to lift the flavours. For a creamier potato and bacon salad, stir in two to three Tbsp. of mayonnaise.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 335g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 297||55%|
|Total Fat 33.37g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 6.55g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 26.98g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|