Avocado Soup A La Mexicaine With Salsa Topping Recipe
Cost per serving $2.51 view details
- 1 x *********salsa************
- 2 lrg ripe tomatoes, unpeeled, seeded, an, d diced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 med cloves garlic, peeled and finely mi, nced
- 2 lrg anaheim peppers, roasted, peeled, a, nd finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 x juice of 1 lime
- 1 sm avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 Tbsp. or possibly 5, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black peppe, r
- 1 x **********soup************
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lrg onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp or possibly 2, finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 c. chicken stock
- 2 med avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 x juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd white peppe, r
- 1 x ********garnish***********
- 1 x tiny fresh cilantro leaves
- Start by making the salsa: In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the soup: Heat the butter over medium heat in a heavy 4-qt casserole. Add in the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper and cook till soft but not brown. Add in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in the chicken stock all at once and simmer for 15 min, or possibly till the onion and pepper are very tender.
- Strain the soup into a bowl and set the broth aside. Transfer the onion- pepper mix to the workbowl of a food proceddor and process till very smooth. Add in the avocados, lemon juice, and lowfat sour cream andagain process till smooth.
- Return the broth to the casserole. Bring to a simmer, whisk in the avocado puree, and just heat through. Don't let come to a boil.
- Taste and correct the seasoning, adding a dash more lemon juice if necessary and a large grinding of white pepper.
- Serve the soup at room temperature in individual bowls and garnish each with a dollop of salsa and a few tiny cilantro leaves.
- Perla MeyersCuernavaca, MorelosArt of Seasonal Cooking MM
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 542g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 255||74%|
|Total Fat 28.73g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 12.34g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.73g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.0g||27%|