Cat Cox-Carter Profile
United States Chef
Cat Cox-Carter Profile
Pagan Kitchen Witch
I got an Easy Bake Oven when I was 6. After I had made all of the pre-made things that came with the oven I came up with my own recipes. From there on I loved cooking but most of all baking. I learned from my mom and her mother (my Nana) on how to do things and I started reading cookbooks so that by the time I was 11 I made pralines without any assistance. My mother came home and saw globs on wax paper. She asked what is this? I answered I got a craving for pralines. She assumed that I had messed up. I told her I just put them out and to give them time to cool. Approximately 30 minutes later they were perfectly formed. My Mom was very surprised. From there on I learned family recipes and had no problem making practicably anything from a recipe. My Nana taught me if you can read you can cook and bake. I believe this to this day. I have been told it is not that simple and I have a natural gift. All I know is that I love to cook and bake and mostly I love cooking and baking healthy. I found out several years ago I have hypothyroidism so I decided to make things more healthy with less sugar and fat. I am really glad that there is a wealth of cookbooks and web-sites that have recipes that help me do this. I also have food allergies that make it difficult to eat healthy because the four things I am allergic to are usually main ingredients in lots of recipes. I am allergic to tomatoes, all peppers( the hotter they are the worse the reaction), mushrooms and barley. It is a good thing I am a knowledgeable cook and know when I can substitute other ingredients for these 4. It is also good that with the tomatoes and bell peppers I can usually have as long as they are cooked sufficiently. Like I can have spaghetti sauce, ketchup and pizza sauce. that is all I can think about for now so good by for now and I hope everyone has a wonderful time cooking and baking.
My Nana and my Mom
- The Enchanted Broccoli Forest (Mollie Katzen )
- If healthy is what you are looking for this has great vegetarian recipes.
- Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime (Taste of Home )
- Great recipes for someone on a budget.
- The Pillsbury Healthy Baking Book: Fresh Approaches to More Than 200 Favorite Recipes (Pillsbury )
- Great healthy baking that tastes better than the full fat ones.
- Fix in and forget it cookbooks series (Phyllis Pellman Good)
- A wealth of slow cooker and other recipes that are unbelievable.
Chefs I recommend
- Buddy Valastro (Hoboken, NJ)
- Buddy is my hero!!!
- Guy Fieri (CA)
- I love "Diner's, Drive-in's and Dives
Restaurants I Recommend
- South 21 (Charlotte , NC)
- Best onion rings ever!!!! I love the fried trout. Was on "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives"