Venison Spaghetti Recipe
This recipe can be made with low-fat ground beef. Venison has very little fat, but it has a gamey flavor that many are not accustomed to. Cooking it with tomato helps to disguise the wild-flavor.
Servings: 10 Servings
Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- 1 lb ground venison, browned, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 lb whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- Cooking spray
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 cans crushed tomatos, drained
- 1 can tomato paste (optional)
- Italian seasonings and salt to taste
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Brown, drain and rinse venison and set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and add onion and celery. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom, pepper and garlic and saute until vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Add cooked venison, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning. Cook over medium heat until flavors are well-blended and the sauce is warm-through.
- Combine cooked pasta and sauce in a large bowl and serve. Makes 8-10 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 200g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||19%|
|Total Fat 4.45g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.94g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|