The Best Macaroons Ever Recipe
These aren't easy to make, but are well worth the effort. They are seriously good.
Cost per serving $0.58 view details
- 2 7 ounce packages of sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup of packed powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup canned cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez). You can find it next to the cocktail mixers in your grocery store.
- 1 ounce of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with foil
- Butter foil and dust with flour; shake off excess
- Finely chop one 7 ounce package of coconut and powdered sugar in a food processor until mixture feels moist
- Add cream of coconut, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of flour, egg white, vanilla and salt. Process until well blended, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Transfer dough to medium bowl (it will be very soft)
- Place remaining package of coconut in a pie plate. Drop rounded tablespoonful of dough into coconut and roll to coat completely.
- Using palms of hands, gently roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch diameter and place onto baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough and coconut, spacing macaroons evenly on prepared sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and firm to touch; about 35 min.
- Cool cookies completely on sheet rack.
- THE FOLLOWING IS OPTIONAL. MACAROONS ARE AMAZING ON THEIR OWN.
- Line another baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Stir until candy thermometer reads 115 degrees and remove from heat.
- Dip bottom of the cookie into melted chocolate.
- Brush cookie against side of pan to remove excess chocolate.
- Place cookie, dipped side down, on wax paper
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate sets, about 30 min.
- Macaroons can be prepared ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 weeks. Bring to room temp before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||76%|
|Total Fat 21.42g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 14.34g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.74g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|