Sweet Bell Peppers & Pasta Recipe
Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 2 c. uncooked, mini penne pasta
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slc. medium to thick Pancetta, chopped
- 2 c. chopped sweet bell peppers
- 4 oz. sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Asiago cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook Pancetta until crisp. Drain on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While pasta and Pancetta are cooking, use a non-stick skillet and saute the onion in extra-virgin olive oil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet bell peppers and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until peppers are tender. Stir in the Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Add Pancetta and remove from heat. Stir in the cheese. Garnish with freshly grated Asiago cheese. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 276g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||16%|
|Total Fat 10.4g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.57g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 97.84g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|