- Ingredients for outer cover of Samosa:
- 1)Bowl of all purpose flour
- 2) A pinch of salt
- 3)Baking Soda-a pinch
- Ingredients for filling:
- 1)Medium sized potato-4
- 2)cumin seeds-1tbsp3)gram masal-1tbsp4)corriander powder-1tbsp5)mirch powder-as per taste5)oil-2tbsp6)corriander leaves
- Mix flour+salt+baking soda+oil altogether properly
- Add warm water to this mixture for making a soft dough
- Keep dough aside for few hours
- half boil potatoes
- take them out cut them into small pieces
- Pour oil in the kadai
- saute cumin seeds,corriander powder,garam masala,mirch powder
- put potato into this and allow it to fry for around 15-20 min
- After cook it properly add coriander leaves to it.
- Ready to fill
- make a small balls from dough and shape them into small puri /circle shapes
- Cut each circle in half.
- Spread the paste lightly all along the edge of one semicircle. Pick this semicircle up with both hands and fold it into a cone shape. Pinch the side of this cone so that it is completely sealed.
- Fill the cone with 3 tablespoons of filling. Press this filling down with your fingers. Now close the top of this cone into a triangle shape, pinching the top edge so that it is completely sealed.
- Continue filling the rest of the samosas.
- Heat about 1-1/2 inch of the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. To check if oil is hot enough place a small piece of dough in oil and dough should sizzle and come to the surface slowly.
- Place the samosas in the frying pan a few at a time.
- After samosas are floating on top of the oil turn them slowly.
- Fry the samosas until the samosas turn a light golden-brown color on all sides.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner