Roasted Pepper Halves with Bread Crumbe Topping Peperoni Arrostiti Recipe
Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- 3 green, yellow or red bell peppers
- Â½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic â crushed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano Cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Â½ tsp crushed hot red pepper, chopped coarsely
- Â½ cup chicken stock
- Â½ cup grated mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees:
- Drizzle the bottom of a baking dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one clove of crushed garlic. Cut the peppers in half. Pull out the cores, stems and seeds. Arrange the peppers side by side in the prepared dish. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the peppers.
- Stir the bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the grated Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the thyme, and the crushed red pepper together in a small bowl. Divide the crumb mixture among the peppers.
- Pour in the stock and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until the peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and evenly scatter the grated mozzarella over the peppers. Continue baking until the crumbs are lightly browned and the mozzarella is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a serving platter, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley into the juices in the baking pan, then spoon the juices over the peppers.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||42%|
|Total Fat 9.21g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.23g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.81g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|