Pork Schnitzel with Rosemary and Lemon Recipe
Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 6 big pork cutlets - I use the big leg chops and then remove the bone.
- 500ml buttermilk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 slices of white bread - day old is perfect
- a handful of fresh parsley
- a few sprigs of rosemary - remove the woody stems
- 2 cloves of garlic
- zest of 2 lemons
- Remove the excess fat off the pork chops(keep it for your bean stew), remove the bones and cut the meat in smaller pieces.
- With a wooden meat mallet, thin the meat until it is about 1 cm thick.
- Place in a glass dish, season lightly, drizzle with some lemon juice and then cover with the buttermilk.
- Leave for a couple of hours, overnight is always best.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place all the other ingredients in your food processor and make your flavored crumbs.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- When you are ready to cook the schnitzels, remove the meat from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess and dip the meat cutlets into the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a greased oven pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the schnitzels have cooked and the crumbs are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with a few lemon wedges and some boiled potatoes with parsley butter.
- A green salad will work well too.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||34%|
|Total Fat 5.21g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.01g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.52g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|