Pesto Pasta Salad-400 Recipe
Yield 400- 2/3c srvngs
Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 24 pounds Elbow macaroni, dried
- 4 cups olive oil
- 40 pounds frozen vegetables, italian blend
- 1.5 gal chopped green onions
- 2 gal black olives, sliced, drained
- 1 gal italian parsley, chopped
- 16 pounds tomatoes, seeded chopped
- 6 cups pesto
- 6 cups olive oil
- 8 cups tomato paste
- 8 cups champagne vinegar
- 4 gals plain yoghurt
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until just tender. Rinse until cold H2O, drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the olive oil and coat well.
- Meanwhile, cook vegetables until just tender. Drain, cut into bite-sized pieces. Let cool.
- Add cooled vegetables, onions, olives, and parsley to cooled pasta. Mix well.
- To make the dressing, you may need to make several batches. Put tomato paste, pesto oil in a food processor or blender. Blend, scraping often, until fairly smooth.
- Add vinegar, and yogurt. Blend again. Pour dressing over pasta-vegetable mixture.
- Shortly before serving, stir in tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or until flavors are well blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- CCP: Hold for service at 41 F. or lower.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 167g|
|Recipe makes 400 servings|
|Calories from Fat 237||62%|
|Total Fat 26.44g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.58g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|