Pastillas De Leche (Filipino version) Recipe
Cost per recipe $0.49 view details
- 1 liter of pure carabaoâs milk (substitutes: cowâs or goatâs milk)
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup sugar if cowâs or goatâs milk is used)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Pour one liter of fresh, pure carabaoâs milk into a pan and add in the sugar.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch into the mixture, stirring constantly and making sure everything is well-set.
- Put the pan over medium heat. Stir slowly and continuously until the mixture of milk and sugar thickens a bit. Once the mixture is thick, lower the heat.
- Over low heat, continue stirring the gooey milk mixture until it forms into a mass that can be lifted off from the pan with the ladle.
- Put the mass of pastillas into a bowl. Let it cool.
- While waiting for the mixture to cool, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cooked cornstarch on a board. Set aside.
- Once cool, get a small lump of pastillas then roll it onto a board, making long logs of milk candies.
- Trim the logs of milk candies into desired length or size.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar to prevent the candies from sticking to each other before putting them into a tight lid jar.
- If you llike them wrapped, cut out pieces of bond and Japanese paper.
- Place each piece of pastillas into Japanese paper. Then, wrap each of them further into bond paper.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 152g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 152.41g||41%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|