Pangat na Sapsap Recipe
Butterfish (Sapsap) is a salt water fish that tastes so good when stewed in vinegar and tomatoes. A native dish that Filipinos enjoy eating any season of the year.
Cost per recipe $9.53 view details
- 3 pcs. butterfish (about half a pound each), cleaned and gills removed
- 1 knob ginger, sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, skin removed
- 1 pc. medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 pieces green chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- a pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cooking oil
- Rub the cleaned fish with salt. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, arrange fish and put all the ingredients on top except for the cooking oil.
- Cover and let it simmer for about fifteen minutes in a low fire or until the vinegar sauce dries up.
- Pour the cooking oil and continue simmering for a minute. Remove from heat before the fish gets toasted.
- Serve the dish with steamed rice,
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 346g|
|Calories from Fat 114||42%|
|Total Fat 12.72g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.64g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 15.54g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|