Our Traditional Lamb Roast Recipe
This is the traditional way of lamb roast that my uncle makes. I had to do this on my own with a little twist.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- With a small sharp knife, pierce the lamb every 3cm or so.
- Stuff each incision with a slice of garlic and a few rosemary leaves.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place on roasting pan-rack with 2cups of water.
- Turn the lamb leg over after 1hr, then resume roasting for 1 more hour.
- Remove from the oven and rest in the pan under foil for half an hour.
- Slice into serving portions with your choice of side dish and gravy.
- Rule of thumb: 1hr roasting time for every kilo of meat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner