Onion Bhajia (or Pakora) Recipe
Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and seperated.
- 1 cup Garbanzo flour (also called Besan)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped coriendar leaves
- Frying pan with oil (any kind)
- Step 1. To the Garbanzo flour (Besan), add cumin seeds, salt, sugar, olive oil, garam masala, turmeric. Mix well until the spices, flour and the oil are well mixed.
- Step 2. Add cut and seperated onion to the flour mix and add about 3 tblsp of water and mix well. The mixture should be not too stiff or not too watery. If too stiff, add another tblsp of water. Now the mixture is ready for making bhajia.
- Step 3. Heat the oil in the fring pan and check whether it is hot enough by dropping a small amount of mixture prepared in 2 above in the oil. If the mixture sizzles and comes up, the oil is ready. Now, with a table spoon, scoop the mixture and and drop the mixture into hot oil. You will be able to put five or six seperate table spoon fulls at a time into hot oil. Fry for about a minute and turn. Fry the other side also for about a minute or more until golden brown. Take out and drain excess oil. Repeat the process until all the mixture is over. You should be able to get about 30 bhajias (pakoras). Eat with chutney or with ketchup.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||88%|
|Total Fat 5.13g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.7g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|