Oatmeal Blondies Recipe
I couldn't decide what to make one day. Did I want Blondies or Oatmeal Cookies. Why not both? The bars came out exactly as I wanted them to. Moist on the inside like a good Blondie should be, with a nice chewy texture from the rolled oats. I made these with chocolate chips and cinnamon, a great combination. Other nice additions would be chopped nuts and dried fruit such as dates or cherries.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 12 tbsp margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick pan spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices and rolled oats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the melted margarine and brown sugar together until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until the eggs are well blended in. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon gently stir in the dry ingredients just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. You will toughen the Blondies if you do.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the mixture out evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake until the top is shiny and feels firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||40%|
|Total Fat 7.55g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.95g||8%|
|Trans Fat 1.04g|
|Total Carbs 22.94g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|