Nutritious Oatmeal Chia Pancakes with Kefir Recipe
Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups kefir (flavoured or plain)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- Toppings of your choice
- In a bowl combine the oatmeal and kefir, and set aside.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, beat the eggs, oil and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix well.
- Add the oatmeal/kefir mixture and combine well.
- Add the chia seeds and mix.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add about 2 tsp. of butter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter (per pancake) into the pan.
- Cook (3-5 minutes) until the top of the pancake is bubbly.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Remove cooked pancakes from pan.
- Place on heat proof serving try, and place in a warm oven to until you have finished cooking all the pancakes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and sides.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 47g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||39%|
|Total Fat 7.98g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.16g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.32g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|