New York Steaks With Stir Fried Vegetables And Wasabi Sauce Recipe
Cost per recipe $21.42 view details
- 1/2 c. mixed black, green and pink peppercorns (divided)
- Â Â About 1/4 c. port wine
- 6 x (5-oz) New York steaks
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. mild-flavored oil, such as almond or possibly safflower
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 c. beef broth or possibly stock
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pcs
- 1 Tbsp. wasabi paste
- Â Â Sprig of fresh cilantro or possibly mint for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/4 lb Chinese snow peas, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 c. oyster mushrooms, whole or possibly cut in half, depending upon size
- 1 c. shiitake mushrooms, whole or possibly cut in half, stems removed
- 1 c. each red and yellow bell pepper strips, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 lrg Japanese eggplant, cut into 6 or possibly 7 slices
- 1/4 med bok choy, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 x broccoli florets
- 5 x young asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2- to 2 inch lengths
- 1/3 c. chicken broth or possibly stock, heated
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- To make steaks: Place 1/4 c. of the peppercorns in a small bowl and add in sufficient port wine to cover; soak overnight.
- The next day, use a rolling pin to crush the remaining 1/4 c. peppercorns between folded napkins.
- Remove excess fat from the steaks. Season with salt and the crushed peppercorns. Heat a large, heavy skillet. Pour in oil and, over high heat, cook the steaks, about 4 min each side for medium-rare. Remove steaks and keep hot. Pour out fat from pan; deglaze pan with red wine and balsamic vinegar, and reduce by about half. Add in cream and beef stock, and continue to reduce till sauce is thick sufficient to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk in butter, 1 small piece at a time. Add in wasabi and liquid removed peppercorns and season to taste with salt.
- To make vegetables: In a wok or possibly large skillet over high heat, heat the oil.
- Add in the snow peas, mushrooms, bell peppers, eggplant, bok choy, broccoli and asparagus and stir-fry just unil coated with the oil. Pour in broth and soy sauce and stir till al dente, about 2 min longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind which the soy sauce is salty. Serve immediately.
- To serve, divide stir-fried vegetables among 6 plates. Slice steaks thinly across the grain and place on top of the vegetables. Sauce the steak lightly with the peppercorn and wasabi sauce; pour the rest around the vegetables.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or possibly mint. - Courtesy Wolfgang Puck
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1830g|
|Calories from Fat 845||55%|
|Total Fat 96.17g||120%|
|Saturated Fat 52.37g||209%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 93.64g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 33.6g||112%|