My Recipe for Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha Recipe
It’s a hot, minty, chocolate, coffee treat…Starbucks makes their dreamy, skinny holiday drink with espresso, steamed nonfat milk, sugar-free mocha sauce and sugar-free peppermint syrup. My home version is simple to make since I’m using strong brewed coffee, unsweetened cocoa, Splenda and peppermint extract. Each (12oz) drink has 90 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- ⅔ cup fat-free milk
- ⅔ cup strong brewed coffee or decaf, I used Starbucks Vanilla K-cup, see shopping tips
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa, see shopping tips
- 2 packages Splenda, Equal or your favorite sugar substitute
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons light whipped cream
- Dash of cocoa or crushed candy cane pieces
- Brew coffee stronger than usual. In a small pot, add milk, cocoa, Splenda and peppermint extract. Over medium high heat, mix until cocoa is dissolved and mixture is hot.
- Transfer to a blender and process for about 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry. Just whisk the mixture in the pot continuously with a wire whisk until foamy. Pour brewed coffee into a large cup and pour hot milk mixture over coffee. Stir to blend.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Makes 1 (12 oz) serving
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 40g|
|Calories from Fat 59||59%|
|Total Fat 6.67g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.61g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.15g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|