Mrs D's Chocolate Peanut Fudge Recipe
- 1Â 1/2 c. Unsalted shelled peanuts
- 3 Tbsp. Plus 1/2 t unsalted butter
- 2 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 c. Whole lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toast the peanuts on a baking sheet in the preheated oven till golden, about 6 to 7 min. Remove the peanuts from the oven and set aside till needed.
- Lightly coat the insides of a a 9- by 9- by 2-inch square cake pan with 1/2 tsp. butter.
- Heat the sugar, lowfat milk, cocoa, and salt in a 2 1/2-qt saucepan over medium heat. Stir till the mix is smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, then adjust heat to medium-low and allow the mix to cook till it reaches a temperature of 245 degrees Fahrenheit, about 22 to 25 min.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the saucepan every 5 to 6 min. Remove the pan from the heat. Vigorously stir in the remaining butter and vanilla. Mix in the peanuts and pour into the prepared cake pan. Allow to cold to room temperature, about 45 min. Cut into desired size and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner