Methi Matar Malai Recipe
Methi matar is very famous dish from North India. It is very rich, creamy and flavorful dish.
I get fresh methi bunch from farmers market, I tried...it tasted so good with chapati and
Rice. Even my son also loved it. So try this creamy,rich and easy to make recipe.
- Fenugreek leaves/methi-1 cup (finely chopped)
- Green peas(matar)-1/2cup ( I used frozen)
- Cream-1/2cup ( I used half & half)
- Coriander powder-1/2tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/4tsp
- Cashew( kaju)-12
- Cumin seed-1/2tsp
- Hing-1 pinch
- Garam Masala for Grind:
- Cinnamon (dalchini)-1/2 inch, black pepper( Kali mirch)5-6,
- cardamom ( badi elayachi)-2, clove(Laung)3
- How to prepare:
- Wash methi leaves in running water for 2-3 times. Drain and chop finely.
- Roughly chop tomato, green chili,ginger and cashews, grind all into smooth paste
- In the blender. Keep aside.
- Coarsely grind dry garam masala.
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera when it splutters, add hing, coriander powder ,red chili powder
- Ground paste and fry on medium heat till raw smell goes off without changing the color.
- Add methi leaves and green peas and salt cook till peas and methi gets cooked well.
- Add coarsely ground garam masala and sugar,Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream and mix properly. Let it simmer for 2- 3 minutes. You can adjust the consistency
- By adding the water.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 75g|
|Calories from Fat 20||45%|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.36g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.71g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|