Marbled Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 115G / 4oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 225g / 8oz 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 225g / 8oz / ½ cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 200g / 7oz /scant 1 cup granulated sugar
- 225g / 8 oz /1 ¼ cup soft light brown sugar 5 eggs
- 225g/ 8 oz / 2 cups plain flour
- 210ml / 2 tsp baking powder 2.5 ml / ½ tsp salt 120 ml / 4fl oz / ½ cup milk
- 50g / 2oz / 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE
- 25G /1OZ 2 TBSP BUTTER,CUT UP
- 30ml / 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 45ml/ 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 5 ml 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g / 6oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp water
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4. Generously grease and flour a 3 liter / 5 pint / 12 cup tube or ring tin. Melt the chocolate. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture alternately with the milk until just blended. Pour half the mixture into another bowl. Stir the melted well blended. Stir the chocolate chips into the other bowl of batter.
- 3. Using a large spoon, drop alternate spoonful’s of chocolate mixture and peanut butter mixture into the prepared tin. Using a knife, pull through the batter to create a swirled marbled effect. Bake 50-60 minutes, until the top springs back when touches. Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out on to a rack to cool completely.
- 4. Make the glaze. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Melt over a low heat , stirring until well blended and smooth. Cool slightly. When slightly thickened, drizzle the glaze over the cake allowing it to run down the sides.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner