Chocolate Coconut Roulade Recipe
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- Serves 8 people
- 115g /4oz / ½ caster sugar 5 egg, separated
- 50g / 2oz / ½ cup cocoa powder
- FOR THE FILLING
- 300 ml / ½ pint / 1 ¼ cup double cream 45ml / 3 tbsp whisky or brandy
- 30ml / 2 tbsp caster sugar
- FOR THE TOPPING
- a pieces of fresh coconut dark chocolate for curl
- 1. Preheat oven to 1800C / 3500F Gas 4. Grease a 33 x 23 cm / 13 x 9 in Swiss roll tin. Lay a large sheet of greaseproof paper or non-stick baking paper on the work surface and dust it evenly with 30 ml 2 tbsp of the caster sugar
- 2. Place the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl. Add the remaining caster sugar and whish with a hand-held electric mixer until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail. Sift the cocoa over, then fold in carefully and evenly with a metal spoon.
- 3. Whisk the egg whites in A clean, grease-free bowl until they from soft peaks. Fold about 15ml / tbsp. of the whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten in, then fold in the rest evenly
- 4. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin, taking it right into the corners. Smooth the surface with a palette knife, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and Springy to the touch.
- 5. Turn the cooked roulade out on to the sugar-dusted greaseproof paper and carefully peel off the lining paper. Cover with a damp, clean dish towel and leave to cool completely
- 6. Make the filling. Whisk the cream with the whisky in a bowl until the mixture just holds it shape, grate the creamed coconut and the stir in with the sugar
- 7. Uncover the sponge and spread about Three-quarters of the cream mixture to the edges. Roll up carefully from a log side. Transfer to a plate, pipe or spoon the remaining cream mixture on top. Use a vegetable peeler to make coconut and chocolate curls and pile on the cake.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 6g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||79%|
|Total Fat 2.2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.31g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.54g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|