Longganisa (Filipino-style sausage) Recipe
I like making this type of sausage since I am not very much into very-sweet commercial versions of longganisa.
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp. 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 head garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. annatto powder
- 2-3 stalk kinchay (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Canola oil
- Mix all ingredients. Put in a covered container and chill overnight.
- Roll desired amount of the mixture into balls using your hands, roll to form log sausages. (I use plastic or thin wax paper to wrap the sausage logs so they set in place and avoid sticking to each other)
- Arrange side by side each other in a container with lid or wrap in a waxed paper, keep covered and refrigerate for 3-5 days to cure.
- How to cook:
- Boil the skinless longganisa in 1/4 cup of water, let it boil until all water evaporates leaving just the fats from the longganisa .
- Stir fry on its own fat for 3-5 minutes or until skin become reddish brown and caramelized.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Serve with hot plain rice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner