Lamb Cheeseburger Roulade Recipe
This my take an a twist to a cheeseburger roulade. Its a simple recipe with lots of flavor, texture, and appeal. I was looking for a new and exciting twist to a cheeseburger and I was also soluting Dale Jr. (Daytona 500). I hope you enjoy this as much as I did..
- 2 tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 pound of ground Lanb
- 1 Roma Tomato , diced
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
- Â½ tsp of Serrano Chili Powder
- Truffle Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Julienned white onions
- Flour for dusting
- 2 sheets of Puff Pastry, from local market ( defrost but keep chilled)
- 4 eggs yolks,whipped
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup of grated cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons of goat cheese,divided
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan , divided
- I used my recipe for a Blazin Tomato Chutney but you can use ketchup if you want.
- Preheat oven to 400 deegrees
- Heat up saute pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and allow to sit and heat up.
- add the ground lamb stirring to cook until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then add the tomato, garlic, parsley, truffle salt, pepper, and reduce heat to low. Cook for additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat & strain into a bowl.
- Transfer meat into a clean bowl and let cool for at least 5 minutes, ( meat must be cool before you put it on the pastry puff)
- For The Rouldae, : Spinkle some flour on your counter top or cutting board.
- lay the sheet of pastry overthe flour. with a rolling pin, roll the pastry out fromm the center, from the top and from the bottom, and then the side to make it a large rectangle, about 1 1/12 times the original size.
- stir the egg yolk and breadcrumbs in to the cooled meat mixture, stirring well.
- Pleace the cooled meat mixture onto the bottom third of the pastry sheet, keeping the bottom 2 inches empty.
- Top with half of the cheddar and goat cheese and roll tightly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the pastry with the whisked egg whites.
- Sprinkle with salt,pepper, and half the parmesan.
- Repeat with second piece of pastry.
- Place the roulades on a sheet pan covered with parchment. bake in the oven unitl golden brown, about 16 to 20 minutes. if you plan on reheating this in the oven for another time then you might want to under cook the pastry. This is so that next time you heat this up it wont be over cooked.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 74g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||66%|
|Total Fat 14.75g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|