Grilled Cheese Sticks Recipe
Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- 2 slices sourdough bread, day old is better
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of Jack cheese, finely grated, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced, optional but good
- 2 teaspoons (about 1 green onion), very finely chopped
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper, optional but good
- Spread out the bread slices and spread one side of each slice with ½ teaspoon mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese on top of the mayo and press firmly into the bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 teaspoons mayo, cheddar and jack cheeses, garlic, green onion and cayenne pepper. Turn over one of the bread slices (so the mayo side is facing down now) and place the cheese mixture on top. Take the other piece of bread and place it on top with the mayo/Parmesan side facing up. So now, the mayo/Parmesan part should be facing out on the top and the bottom of the sandwich. Cut the sandwich into 4 equal slices (see diagram above).
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. After a couple minutes, turn the heat down to medium-low. Place the sandwich sticks in the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on that side. Flip the sandwich sticks over and grill the other side for 2-3 minutes. The cheese inside should be softly melted.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||35%|
|Total Fat 12.38g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.42g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.58g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|