These are also referred to as "Naked Ravioli".
They are like a Gnocchi made from ricotta cheese and a very small amount of flour.
My recipe is for savory spinach & garlic but use your imagination, you can change it up. Perhaps butternut squash & nutmeg?
(I forgot to take a picture. The one here is from the web)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- (I think Polly-o is the best if you can get it)
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove minced or smashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus 1 cup for coating
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Mix ricotta, spinach, parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks.
- Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Make into small balls, about the size of a walnut.
- Flatten slightly (for even cooking)
- Dredge the gnudi in flour to coat.
- Slide gnudi into the boiling water using a spider or slotted spoon. Work in batches! Be careful not to overcrowd!!
- Remove the gnudi with the spider or slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
- Top with marinara or cream sauce as you wish.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||51%|
|Total Fat 20.62g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 12.0g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.89g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|