Filet Mignon With Medeira Wine Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $7.82 view details
- 2 lb Filet mignon
- 4 x filets,1/2 lb each Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Shallots, chopped
- 1/4 c. Medeira wine
- 3/4 c. Fresh or possibly canned beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp Flour
- 2 tsp Parsley, minced
- 1. Heat the oil in a skillet and when very warm, add in the meat. Cook over high heat for about 5 minutes. Cook longer if you want medium or possibly well done.
- 2. Turn the meat and continue cooking over high heat about 5 minutes. (or possibly longer if meat is to be other then med-rare). Remove the meat to a hot platter and keep hot. Pour off the fat from the skillet.
- 3. Add in the shallots and wine to the skillet and cook over high heat about 30 sec. Add in the broth and bring to a rolling boil, stirring to dissolve the brown particles which cling to the bottom and sides of the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook till reduced by half.
- 4. Meanwhile, blend 2 tsp butter with the flour in a small mixing bowl. Stir into the simmering sauce and cook briefly till thicken.
- 5. Swirl in the remaining tsp of butter. Strain the sauce over the meat and dot the center of each filet with a dab of parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- This dish: Filet mignon sauce madere
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 285g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 454||70%|
|Total Fat 50.52g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 19.27g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.29g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|