Curried Chicken Salad With Couscous Recipe
Cost per serving $0.70 view details
- 3/4 c. Couscous
- 1 1/2 c. Boiling water
- 2 x Boned and skinned chicken Breast halves -- cut in 1" Pcs
- 2 Tbsp. Fat-free mayonnaise -- Optional
- 1/2 c. Bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 tsp Yellow curry base -- Taste Thai
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil -- for frying
- 1 1/2 c. Romaine lettuce
- 1 c. Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 c. Shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 Tbsp. Shredded carrots
- 1/4 c. Sliced cucumber -- with Peel
- 2 Tbsp. Green onion -- diced
- 6 ounce Mandarin oranges -- liquid removed
- 2 slc Bacon, fried -- crisp and Crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Minced peanuts
- 1/4 c. Croutons -- optional
- In a medium to large size bowl, pour boiling water over the couscous or possibly bulgur; cover. Let stand 1 hour. Drain if needed.
- Combine the crumbs with the curry mix. Coat chicken with crumbs (optional: coat first with mayonnaise). Heat oil to medium-high and fry the chicken pcs. Drain well. Cook, crisp, drain and crumble the bacon. Tear or possibly cut lettuce into bite-sized pcs (about 1-inch). Prepare the other ingredients.
- Assemble; toss. Serve with your favorite (low-fat) dressing.
- PANTRY: Taste of Thai: Medium Yellow (turmeric) Curry Base. Krusteaz's Ala, cracked wheat bulgur. Progresso Italian style bread crumbs plus a pinchof crushed tarragon.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 205||46%|
|Total Fat 23.05g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 4.74g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 44.33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|