Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Easter Eggs Recipe
As far as we’re concerned, there are three types of people in this world. There are the ones who hear the phrase “Easter egg” and instantly think of real healthy eggs dipped in a slew of pretty pastel dyes. Then there is those who picture hollow, neon plastic eggs filled with tiny treats. Finally, there’s the people whose minds go right to those ridiculously indulgent cream-filled, chocolate covered eggs. If you’re that last type of person, we just might be kindred spirits.
The only problem with those big, chocolate Easter eggs that you find on almost every supermarket endcap is that they’re loaded with empty calories, sugar and fat. Basically, they’re a recipe for complete weight loss disaster. However, this delicious Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Easter Eggs recipe is full of clean, healthy ingredients that deliver all the sweet, chocolate-y flavor of your favorite Easter desserts without all of that nonsense.
This healthy Easter recipe has just six simple ingredients—oats, cashew butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, chocolate chips and coconut oil. It also requires just four easy steps to make, which means you can throw it together the morning of your holiday gathering (we’re looking at you, procrastinators!). These delectably cute treats are also the perfect solution for those healthy Easter Basket ideas.
- 1 cup dry oats
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Place the oats into a food processor and process until fine.
- Add in the cashew butter, vanilla extract and syrup. Process until smooth.
- Form the dough into 16 mini egg shapes. Place them onto a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler. Dip each cookie dough egg into the melted chocolate until completely covered.
- Place the chocolate covered eggs back onto the baking sheet and return them to the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 32g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 72||46%|
|Total Fat 8.31g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.33g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.45g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|