Celeriac And Mussel Soup Recipe
Cost per recipe $6.23 view details
- 20 x Fresh live mussels, cleaned, scraped (20 to 25) and de-bearded
- 150 ml White wine and the same amount of water, (1/4 pint) to cook the mussels
- 1 sm Onion, finely minced
- 1 handf fresh parsley
- 450 gm Prepared celeriac, peeled and cubed (1lb)
- 30 gm Unsalted butter, (1oz)
- 1 sm Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x Shallots, finely minced
- 1 pch saffron stamens
- 450 ml Water, (3/4 pint) Seasoning
- 1 x Fresh bay leaf
- 225 ml Double cream, (7 1/2fl ounce)
- 1 handf flat leaf parsley, freshly minced, to garnish
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and sweat the vegetables and saffron to coat them and soften. Add in water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently till cooked.
- In a wide based shallow pan, heat the wine and water to the boil with the onion and then throw in the parsley. Cook the cleaned mussels quickly, shaking the pan, till they open. As soon as they are open remove from the pan so as not to overcook them. Take the meat from the shells. reserve 5 shells and replace a mussel in each. Sieve the mussel cooking liquor.
- When the soup is cooked, remove the bay leaf, liquidise till smooth and then pass through a sieve into a clean pan. Add in the cream and a little of the mussel cooking liquor and bring back to the boil, simmering to caramelise the cream and round off the flavours. Taste and adjust seasoning, you may need a healthy pinch of sugar.
- Put the cooked mussels into a soup tureen and pour on the warm soup.
- Float the mussels in the shells on top and finish with a scattering of minced parsley.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1316g|
|Calories from Fat 615||62%|
|Total Fat 69.99g||87%|
|Saturated Fat 43.28g||173%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 57.91g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.2g||31%|