BLACK PEPPER TOFU Recipe
Cost per serving $2.94 view details
- 1 1/2 # firm tofu
- 1/4 cup grape seed or canola oil
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot to "dust" the tofu
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 Thai chilies, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/3 cup minced ginger
- 3 Tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons palm sugar
- 5 Tablespoons coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 cups scallions cut into 1" pieces.
- Heat oil in pan. Cut the tofu into large cubes, about 1 x 1 inch. Toss them in arrowroot. Add to the heated oil. "Fry" tofu until they have a thin crust. After tofu cubes are cooked, remove them and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Remove the oil and any sediment from the pan. Add butter and melt. Add shallots, chilies, garlic and ginger. SautÃ© on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ingredients are soft. Add kecap manis and soy sauce, palm sugar and stir. Add crushed black pepper. Then, add the tofu to warm it up. Finally, add the chopped scallions.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 326g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 216||49%|
|Total Fat 24.64g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 14.92g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.91g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||28%|