Black Forest Cake Recipe
Cost per recipe $3.48 view details
- 1 x Recipe Eggless chocolate sponge cake
- 1/2 can Canned cherries and syrup
- 1 c. Fresh whipped cream
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Grated dark or possibly plain chocolate, (and chilled)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- To make Cream icing
- Beat the cream over a tray of icecubes with a hand beater. Don't overbeat. It should form soft peaks. Mix in the sugar and essence.
- Mix gently. Put some icing in a icing gun leave the rest in the bowl.
- Keep both in the refrigerator.
- Slice the cake into 2 horizontal halves. Place on a tray on a mesh.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp syrup of cherries on each half. Allow to soak for 10 min.
- Spread the cream icing on lower half. Transfer to a cake plate. Place the cherries on the cream. Save a few for topping. Place the other half on top. With icing gun decorate top edging. Spread the chocolate flakes all over and decorate with cherries.
- Serves 6
- shelf life 2-3 days
- Making time 1/2 hour (excluding time making for the sponge cake)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 313g|
|Calories from Fat 393||61%|
|Total Fat 44.78g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 27.71g||111%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.91g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|