Asian 5 Spice Barbecued Pork, Mango Salsa, Frankie Wraps Recipe
Cost per serving $1.92 view details
- 2 lb pork tenderloins - (to 2 1/2) trimmed of fat Steak seasoning blend to taste (or possibly salt and freshly-grnd black pepper)
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice pwdr (found in spice or possibly Asian foods section)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. Hoisin prepared Chinese barbecue sauce
- 1 x navel orange zested and juiced
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro or possibly chives for garnish
- 2 x ripe mangos peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 x red bell pepper seeded, minced
- 1 x jalapeno seeded, minced
- 1/2 x red onion minced
- 1 x ripe lime juiced
- 20 x basil leaves shredded Coarse salt to taste
- 3 x Large eggs beaten
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 x scallions thinly sliced Vegetable oil 1 tspn per wrap
- 10 x flour tortillas - (8" dia)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat tenderloins in steak seasoning or possibly season with salt and pepper. Combine brown sugar and 5 spice pwdr. Rub sugar and spice over pork. Brush baking dish or possibly broiler pan with oil. Place pork in oven and bake 10 min.
- Combine barbecue sauce with orange zest and juice and sesame oil. Baste meat liberally with sauce and roast meat 15 min longer. Remove meat from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Coat meat with sesame and cilantro or possibly chives for color.
- Combine mango, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, lime and basil in a bowl. Season with salt, to your taste.
- To make Frankie wraps, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Beat Large eggs with water and scallions. Drizzle 1 tsp. oil into warm skillet and pour in a little of the egg mix. Add in 1 tortilla, cook 30 seconds, then flip. Cook 15 seconds, then flip tortilla back and cook 15 seconds longer. Remove Frankie wrap from the pan and repeat with remaining ingredients. Pile tortillas in foil to keep hot.
- To assemble, thinly slice tenderloins and pile meat and salsa at the edge of a Frankie wrap. Tuck up bottoms and edges and roll.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||25%|
|Total Fat 7.33g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.68g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 21.17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|