Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Mushroom Risotto with white wine, thyme and Parmesan cheese
Servings: 2 Large Servings
Cost per serving $11.18 view details
- 3 cups canned vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 10 to 14 ounces sliced fresh mixed wild mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, oyster, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth and wine to simmer separate pot.
- Cover, keep warm.
- Chop thyme into smaller, more edible pieces to bring out the flavor.
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- SautÃ© until mushrooms soften, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in rice and heat for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and start adding the broth gradually, adding more as rice absorbs it.
- Reduce heat to simmer before adding last Â½ cup or so of broth.
- Mix in cheese and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: Not heating the wine and adding it towards the end increases the wine flavor.
- Nice additions: Towards the end to not overcook, add corn (frozen works just fine) or sautÃ©ed prawns.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 764g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||22%|
|Total Fat 17.57g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.42g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 96.06g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|