THAI TOFU CAKES WITH CHILLI DIP Recipe
These are gluten free,less fat,less salt,shallow fried tofu cakes.Easy to make.You can add any vegetables or spices of your choice to this dish.I only added shallots as i had only that when i prepared it.You can add in grated carrot,cabbage,cauliflower, and so on.I also made it extra hot as we all prefer more spice.You can add just 2 chilies as I have mentioned in the recipe.Very yum and on a rainy day is really a great snack to munch on.Kids will love these too.
- For Thai Tofu Cakes:
- 300 gm tofu,coarsely grated
- 1 lemon grass stalk,outer layer removed and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1'' piece ginger,minced
- 2 shallots,finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 90 gm gluten free plain flour,plus some extra for flouring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vegetable oil for cooking
- For Chili Dip:
- 3 tbsp white vinegar">vinegar or rice wine vinegar">vinegar
- 2 spring onions,finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brown castor sugar
- 2 fresh chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped finely
- pinch of salt
- To make chili dip,mix all the ingredients ''for chili dip'' together in a small serving bowl and keep aside.
- Mix tofu with lemon grass,garlic,ginger,shallots,red chilies and coriander in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the flour and salt to make a coarse sticky dough.Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 mins or till the mixture firms up.
- Form the mixture into small balls using floured hands,flatten them a little bit.
- Heat oil just enough to cover the base of a frying pan,over medium.Cook cakes on both sides in batches till golden brown.
- Drain and serve warm with chili dip.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 137g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||31%|
|Total Fat 3.45g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.09g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|