Spanish Chicken With Mushrooms And Green Olives Recipe
Chicken thighs swimming in a tomato base sauce that is well seasoned. Serve with warm crusty bread to soak up all the flavors.
Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- 1 Can condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 package Chicken Thighs, about 1 lb
- 2 Cups Fresh Mushrooms, sliced (about 6 oz)
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ cup wine red wine
- ¼ to ½ Cup California Pimento-Stuffed Green Olives (more to taste)
- In a bowl, mix soup with Italian Seasoning, Oregano and Garlic Powder. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove and place on warmed serving platter, tent to keep warm. If necessary, you can brown your chicken in batches, adding a bit more olive oil as necessary. Just remember, your skillet has to be large enough to hold everything including the sauce once the chicken has been browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook mushrooms until tender and liquid has evaporated, stirring often.
- Stir in soup mixture, water, olives and wine. Heat to boiling. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken to serving dish, keep warm. Increase heat, stirring sauce until slightly reduced and thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
- Serve with plenty of warm bread to soak up all the goodness of the sauce.
- Note: This can also be made with a combo pack of breast, thighs and legs – just cut the breast meat in half to make the chicken more uniformed in size.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 94||51%|
|Total Fat 10.56g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.07g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 13.1g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|