Rosti With Black Forest Ham And Chives Recipe
Cost per serving $2.66 view details
- 6 Tbsp. butter - (3/4 stick)
- 3/4 c. minced onion
- 1Â 1/4 lb russet potatoes peeled, and
- Â Â coarsely grated
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Black Forest ham in 1/4" cubes
- Â Â (or possibly other smoked ham)
- 1/4 c. minced fresh chives
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat 3 Tbsp. butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in onion; saute/fry 5 min. Place 2 1/2 c. grated potatoes in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to blend (reserve any remaining potatoes for another use). Stir onion mix, ham, and chives into potatoes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in same skillet over high heat. Add in potato mix. Using spatula, press mix to even thickness, covering skillet bottom completely. Cook 2 min. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook till potato cake is golden brown on bottom, about 7 min.
- Loosen cake; slide out onto large plate or possibly rimless baking sheet. Turn skillet upside down atop cake. Invert skillet and plate, dropping cake back into skillet. Cook cake till golden brown on bottom, about 7 min. Place skillet in oven. Bake till Rosti is crisp, about 7 min.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Crack each egg and drop into skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Partially cover skillet; cook till egg whites are set, about 3 min.
- Cut Rosti into 4 wedges. Overlap 2 wedges of Rosti on each of 2 plates; top Rosti wedges on each plate with 1 egg.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: This classic Swiss potato pancake and the "Green Bean And Red Onion Salad" (see recipe) are great together. Serve dry Champagne throughout the meal.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 441g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 350||56%|
|Total Fat 39.74g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 23.49g||94%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 57.35g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|