Nectarine, Prosciutto, and Belgian Endive Salad With Honey-Thyme Vinagrette Recipe
Cost per recipe $10.87 view details
- 7 ripe nectarines
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 6 heads Belgian endive, stems removed and discarded
- 1 bunch arugula, de-stemmed and washed
- 8 mint leaves cut into a chiffonade
- 1 bunch minced chives
- 1 minced shallot
- Â¼ cup chopped Marcona (toasted almonds may be substituted) almonds
- 1/3-cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- 3 tablespoons Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1-tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut the Nectarines to remove the pit. Place the pits and one chopped nectarine into a saucepan with 2 cups water and Â½ cup sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce by three quarters to make a nectarine syrup, strain.
- Place the thyme sprig, honey and olive oil into a sauce pan and bring up to a low heat, do not boil, allow to steep for about 20 minutes (the burner may be turned off after the mixture comes up to a simmer) and then strain.
- Combine the nectarine syrup, and the lemon juice in a bowl with the mustard and combine with a whisk, slowly add in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the nectarines and place into a bowl with the Belgian endive leaves, one half of the mint, chives and shallots, dress with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Arrange attractively on six individual plates, drape the proscuitto over and garnish with the arugula leaves, remaining mint chiffonade and the chopped almonds.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1118g|
|Calories from Fat 722||60%|
|Total Fat 81.7g||102%|
|Saturated Fat 12.4g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 98.68g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.3g||58%|