Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Joe’s peeled garlic from the fridge and sliced up all the cloves. Don’t worry about how everything looks because it’ll get pulverized later in the Cuisinart.
- Once the water in the pot was boiling, I threw in the stems, half of the florets, and all of the garlic. I salted everything liberally.
- Then, I put in the rest of the cauliflower, seasoned with more salt, replaced the lid, and steamed everything until it was soft (~10 minutes). You won’t overcook it — trust me.
- Once the florets were done, I dumped everything into a colander and let it drain.
- I dumped everything into my Cuisinart food processor (fitted with the steel knife), and added some fresh cracked pepper, microplaned nutmeg, and the butter.
- Final step: I processed everything until smooth. After one last taste for seasoning, I put my faux “mashed potatoes” in a big bowl, covered it and popped it in my fridge. These faux “mashed potatoes” reheat beautifully in the microwave!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||6%|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.66g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|