Hot Dogs with Pineapple Bacon Chipotle Slaw Recipe
Grilled Hot Dogs with Pineapple Bacon Chipotle Slaw is the perfect summer holiday meal, combining sweet, smoky, cool and crunchy!
Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ red onion, grated
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- ¾ cup fresh pineapple, cut in small chunks or canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Other optional toppings: sliced red onion, red & yellow peppers
- 8 kosher beef hot dogs
- 8 good quality hot dog buns
- Combine the green and red cabbage, onion, carrot, parsley, bacon and pineapple in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chipotle chiles, honey, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour the dressing onto the cabbage mixture and toss well. Taste to add salt or vinegar, if needed. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving.
- For the hot dogs: Heat the grill to high. Grill hot dogs until golden brown on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Remove to a plate. Place buns on the grill cut side down and grill until lightly golden brown, about 20 seconds.
- To serve, place hot dogs in the buns and top with coleslaw, red onion and peppers.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 245||61%|
|Total Fat 27.61g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 5.62g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.34g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|