Green Fettucine With Chicken Livers ... Recipe
Cost per serving $3.93 view details
- 3/4 c. dry porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 ounce bacon diced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb chicken giblets
- 1 x carrot finely minced
- 1 x onion finely minced
- 1 x garlic clove crushed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 whl cloves
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x scallions trimmed, and finely minced
- 1 1/2 ounce thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 2 sm plum tomatoes blanched, peeled, seeded and finely minced
- 1/2 lb chicken livers coarsely minced
- 1 lb Green Pasta (see recipe)
- 2/3 c. freshly-grated Pecorino Romano
- Soak the dry mushrooms in 2 c. water for 1 hour. Drain, chop and reserve both mushrooms and cooking liquid.
- In a 12- to 14-inch saute/fry pan, combine 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and the bacon and slowly render the fat from the bacon. Add in the chicken giblets, increase the heat and cook till they are browned. Add in the carrot and onion and saute/fry over high heat 3 min. Add in the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the clove, bay leaf and wine and simmer 30 min. Pass the sauce through a fine strainer, return it to the saucepan and stir in the tomato paste.
- Over high heat add in the scallions and prosciutto and saute/fry for 3 min. Add in the minced mushrooms and about 1/2 of the soaking liquid and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10 min. Add in the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the chicken livers and saute/fry over high heat 3 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add in to the tomato sauce. Keep sauce at a low simmer.
- Bring 6 qts of water to a boil and add in 2 Tbsp. salt. Add in the pasta and cook till tender yet al dente, about 2 min. Drain the pasta and toss it in the saute/fry pan with the prepared sauce, over high heat for 1 minute.
- Divide proportionately among 4 warmed pasta bowls and top with the grated cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Description: "(Fettucine Verde Ai Fegatini)"
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 390g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||25%|
|Total Fat 21.71g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 6.39g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 95.28g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|