Fried Green Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Basil Dipping Sauce Recipe
- For the Tomatoes:
- 2-3 Green Tomatoes, Sliced (about 10 3/4" slices)
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 3/4 Cup Corn Meal
- 3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Spice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- For the Sauce:
- 4 Oz. Goat Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 5 Basil Leaves, Chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 10-12 Drops Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Slice up the tomatoes into 3/4" rounds.
- Grab up three medium sized bowls.
- In the first bowl combine the corn meal, panko, cajun, salt, and pepper.
- In the second bowl whisk up the eggs.
- In the third bowl add the flour.
- Fill a large frying pan with about 1/2" of oil and turn the heat up to medium high.
- Dip the tomato slices in the flour, then the egg, and finally in the corn meal mixture.
- Drop them into the heated oil and cook them for about 2 minutes each, flipping once halfway through.
- Pull out and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- To make the sauce, mix together the goat cheese, sour cream, chopped basil, lemon juice, pepper sauce, and salt.
- Serve a dollop of dipping sauce along side the tomatoes.