Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas Recipe
These fresh, healthy, delicious Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas are made with lots of taco spices, sassy poblano and tasty pickled red onions.
Cost per serving $1.04 view details
- 2 Limes
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 6 Cilantro Sprigs
- 1 poblano pepper, core, remove seeds and white ribs
- 1 Chayote, peeled, halved and remove seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup guacamole
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest the limes and put into a very small bowl separately, then halve and juice the limes into another small bowl.
- Peel and halve the red onion and then thinly slice each half and add it to another small bowl.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and stir into the crema or sour cream. Set aside. Add the rest of the lime juice to the onions and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir and set aside for topping later (let onions marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes).
- Mince the cilantro leaves and stems, and set aside. Chop the poblano pepper and the chayote into small ½” dice.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place the tortillas on a large baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until crisped and lightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- To the browned vegetables, add half the cilantro, the lime zest, ¼ teaspoon salt and onion powder. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside. In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and the ground turkey. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Stir in the taco seasoning, the chili powder and the water. Cook for another 4 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each crisped tortilla with some of the guacamole, and then top with vegetables, ground turkey, cheese, pickled onions, lime crema and remaining cilantro.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||53%|
|Total Fat 20.25g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6.69g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.17g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|