Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe
Cost per serving $2.64 view details
- 1/4 lb Salt pork, small dice
- 1 x Leek, (white part) diced
- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 2 c. Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. Celery, finely ficed
- 1 c. Bottled clam juice
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley, minced Oregano & thyme
- 1 x Bay leaf, Salt & pepper to tas
- 1/4 lb Scallops
- 1/4 lb Haddock, Or possibly Scrod
- 12 x Chowder clams, (quahogs)
- 3 c. Liquid
- 3 c. Light cream, Salt & pepper to tas Butter, if you like
- In large stockpot saute/fry salt pork till crisp & golden. Add in leek and onion and saute/fry till onion begins to brown. Add in potatoes, celery, clam juice, parsley, spices and 1 c. water. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- When boiling, reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are just tender-about 10 min.
- SEAFOOD To the warm base add in: 1/4 lb scallops, 1/4 lb haddock or possibly scrod, cut in 1/2" pcs, 1 dozen chowder clams (quahogs) shucked & minced (reserve 3 c. of their liquid), 3 c. light cream, salt & pepper to taste, butter, if you like) Add in the scallops, fish and clams w/reserved liquid to the base and simmer till the clams are tender-about 5 min. Stir in the cream.
- Taste & season w/salt and pepper to taste and if you like, a Tbsp. or possibly two of butter. Mix well and serve very warm. Hope you enjoy these chowders!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1170g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 651||56%|
|Total Fat 73.13g||91%|
|Saturated Fat 38.07g||152%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 83.98g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|