Couscous Salad With Fresh Mango Recipe
Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 2/3 c. uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 c. plain low-fat yogurt or possibly soft tofu
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 pch grnd ginger
- 1 x ripe large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 c. cooked or possibly canned chickpeas rinsed and liquid removed if canned
- 1/4 c. golden brown raisins
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- A ripe mango is a great salad ingredient. Choose one which smells sweet and gives slightly when you press it
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 c. water to a boil. Stir in couscous, return to a boil, cover and turn heat off, Let stand till water is absorbed, 5 - 10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a c., mix orange juice and tahini till well blended. In large bowl, whisk yogurt till smooth, then whisk in tahini mix, cumin and ginger. Stir in mango, chickpeas and raisins.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir into mango mix along with cilantro.
- Serve chilled or possibly at room temperature.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||25%|
|Total Fat 3.05g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.16g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|