Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $2.78 view details
- 8 Tbsp. butter - (1 stick) plus
- 2 tsp butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 lb bittersweet chocolate minced
- 10 lrg Large eggs separated
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. toasted pecan pcs
- 2 1/2 c. White Chocolate Mocha Sauce (see below)
- 1 c. heavy cream sweetened and whippe
- 1/4 c. chocolate-covered coffee beans Shaker of confectioners" sugar Fresh mint sprigs
- 1 c. strong brewed coffee
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 8 ounce white chocolate pcs
- Grease a 10-inch cake pan with 2 tsp. of the butter. In a metal bowl set over a simmering pot of water, heat the chocolate with the remaining 8 Tbsp. butter and stir occasionally till smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add in the egg yolks with 1/4 c. of the sugar, beat on medium-high speed till pale and thick. In a large stainless steel bowl, whip the egg whites with the remaining 1/4 c. sugar till stiff peaks form. Slowly beat the chocolate into the egg yolk mix (if the mix "seizes" or possibly curdles, add in cool cream and whisk till smooth), then gently mix in the egg whites.
- Spread 1 c. of the pecans in the prepared pan and pour the chocolate mix over them. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. pecans over the top and chill overnight. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and turn onto a serving platter. Using a hot knife, slice the cake into 12 equal slices.
- For the White Chocolate Mocha Sauce: In a saucepan over high heat, combine the coffee and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the chocolate, whisking as it melts, and simmer for 20 min. Serve immediately or possibly store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hrs. Reheat in a double boiler. (Yields about 2 1/2 c.)
- To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each serving plate. Lay a piece of the cake in the center of sauce. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, several coffee beans, confectioners" sugar and mint.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 201g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 594||79%|
|Total Fat 69.4g||87%|
|Saturated Fat 38.98g||156%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.43g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.7g||39%|