Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe
A hamburger helper version of cheeseburger macaroni made from scratch with extra seasonings and flavors.
Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- 1 lb ground protein (turkey, beef, soy, etc)
- 10 oz diced tomato and peppers (i.e. Rotel)
- 1 package McCormick taco seasoning
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water or broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- red chili powder (optional)
- Heat a pan and add a pinch of oil. Mash your ground protein and then add it to the pan. (SIDE NOTE: I like to mix mine so the lines of the ground meat don't cook in the same form/shape.)
- Stir in the taco seasoning, garlic, red chili powder, Rotel, and salt.
- Mix and add 2 cups of water and the pasta.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can make the cheese sauce.
- After the water has evaporated, stir in the cheese sauce.
- Mix the two together and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 359g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||14%|
|Total Fat 11.24g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.89g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 103.65g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|